Bed & Breakfast
Situated in a beautiful and peaceful location, 5 minutes level walking from the award winning Avon Beach and a 10 minutes drive from Christchurch Town Centre.
We have two beautiful and high quality en-suite double/twin rooms offering our guests Freeview on a flat screen TV, FREE Wi-Fi, tea/coffee/hot chocolate facilities with biscuits and other lovely goodies, books and magazines.
We offer a delicious variety of breakfasts. From a home cooked Full English, Smoked Salmon option, a variety of Omelettes, Pancakes, Cereals and Muesli. For those who prefer a lighter breakfast we also offer fresh French pastries such as Croissants and Pains au Chocolat.
We source our products locally in order to ensure its freshness, quality and flavour (whilst also benefiting the environment).
We also offer lots of vegetarian options and can deliver a service for special dietary requirements.
Avon Beach is the main beach for Christchurch. Along with a great atmosphere, the beach looks out onto views of the Needles and the Isle of Wight in the distance.
There are cafes, kiosks, shop and beach hire. More facilities are available at Mudeford Quay (a short walk away) including a sea side pub, a further cafe, a fish stall (where you can also buy a crab line and bait) and even boat trips – including a 5 minute ferry across to the famous Mudeford Sandbank (Hengistbury Head).
Places to visit
Christchurch Castle was built in the late 11thC to protect the town’s and river access to the interior of Wessex. It was built inside the Saxon fort whose walls were probably used to build the castle mound or motte.
The luxurious Contable’s Hall was built around 1150. The stone keep, (slighted after 1650), replaced a wooden structure about 1300. The castle saw action in the Anarchy about 1147 and in the Civil War in 1645.
Christchurch Quay is a popular attraction for all the family and it received a Green Flag Award in 2012 and 2013.
Winner of the South and South East England in Bloom- Small Park of the Year 2012 – Gold Award. It lies in the upper reaches of the harbour on the northern banks of the River Stour.
Place Mill is a carefully restored Anglo-Saxon watermill situated on Christchurch Quay in the attractive Priory Quarter, only a few minutes’ walk from the town centre.
The mill was mentioned in the Domesday Book and survived the dissolution of the monasteries of 1538 and continued to grind corn until 1908 when structural defects forced its closure.
After 70 years as a boat shed, the Mill was purchased by the council and restored. The working machinery forms a fascinating backdrop to a small collection of milling artifacts and local history memorabilia.